Friday, January 3, 2014

Using Google Forms to Reduce Paper Piles


Permission slips, student information & inventory sheets, welcome packets, instruction sheets, newsletters, assessments and more can stack up in no time when teachers have 20+ students! Teachers have been seen carrying multiple bags and even lugging small suitcases to and from work to help manage these stacks of papers.

Using Google forms is a paperless option and can be accessed using any device that gets you to the Internet. The analytics and data sorting that is available with Google forms that automatically go on to a Google sheet is an invaluable organizational tool for any teacher.

I curated this incredible resource "Innovative Ways to Use Google Forms" http://goo.gl/7W5Idu from Molly Schroeder (@followmolly). She included treasures for teachers, administrators, and students! This will serve as a great reference tool for beginning or experienced Google Forms users. 




1 comment:

  1. Yes, Marita, I agree with you on this. Since I have learned how to use Google Drive I have less paper to haul around. I use Google Docs for all of my lesson plans, study guides, tests, homework sheets etc. I love that I can link them to our Edmodo group so that my students and parents have access to any doc I share with them. I have used Google forms for student interest surveys, to see who has Internet access at home, and even for planning our class parties. My students have created surveys to gather data and then have used the spreadsheets to create graphs.

    ReplyDelete